Wednesday, December 9, 2009

pointed.snow


I slap dashed another wallpaper together, inspired by the never will end snow that seems to falling on my city these past few days. I wouldn't actually recommend anyone use this particular wallpaper, unless you have an odd desire to feel slightly ill. At least, this was incredibly simple to put together:

1) Create a few simple shapes;
2) In photoshop > pixelate > pointillize.

I waste more time than I can remember applying PS filters randomly to pngs, gifs and assorted jpegs. Look how cute my logo looks all pointillized!

this is a pointed logo

And continued from yesterday:

Pointilism
This movement developed from Impressionism and involved the use of many small dots of colour to give a painting a greater sense of vibrancy when seen from a distance. The equal size dots never quite merge in the viewer's perception resulting in a shimmering effect like one experiences on a hot and sunny day. One of the leading exponents was Seurat to whom the term was first applied in regard to his painting 'La Grand Jette' (1886).


bookmark or share

No comments:

Post a Comment