Thursday, February 11, 2010

tee.preview


happenstance

Redbubble recently came out with a new t-shirt preview, which I've been pondering for the past week. I understand their reasoning, but I'm still not sure of my reaction. The preview definitely is cooler, but I find it detracts from the actual t-shirt design somewhat. Some artists designs look extremely awesome on the new preview, but many of mine don't really benefit.

That immediate close-up in the background of the preview tells you right off how simple most of my designs are, especially compared to artists with more detail in their work. But on the tee, I find the simpler designs hold up better, with much of that detail getting lost. So my designs, which look amateurish on the new tee preview, might actually look quite nice in real life...
happenstance

And not a real complaint, but I put many of my designs on the unisex tee preview, which they have illustrated with a dude. Not saying some guys won't want high heels on their tees, but I probably should go through my tee collection and select previews that might appeal to the majority demographic for each design...
happenstance

Still, the feedback on the Redbubble site itself seems to be overwhelmingly positive, so perhaps I'm missing something? being a curmudeon? resisting change?

Here is a side-by-side comparison for those wanting to create their own opinion:
happenstance happenstance


bookmark or share

2 comments: